Monday, June 11, 2012

Girly Living Room



Looking for a fun look just for the girls?  This pink and green living room would be perfect for a single gal or female roommates.  So cute for college!  I was feeling girly today, so I immediately started looking for inspiration in the "pink" family and came across this perfect accent chair from La-Z-Boy. The colors are cute and simple and the print is fun and girly, but not overwhelmingly so, like a floral might be.  From there I searched for the perfect rug.  First I chose a striped rug with dark pink stripes, but once I decided on pink for the wall color (Sherwin Williams: Hopeful) I knew I needed to explore green for the rug to tie it all together.  The couch is simple; simple color, simple lines, simple look, but I added a cute Ikat print pillow as a nod back to the chair.  Take note that the pillow is the third print added to the room.  Don't be afraid to put different prints together, as long as they are different enough from each other.  I always try to keep one classic, like a stripe or chevron, with only one or two colors, then the other print (or two) can be more fun and colorful without having to worry about clashing.  The accessories are all fun and girly...  Shell mirrors in a group of three (groups of 3 always work!) add sparkle and a bit of elegance, a furry beanbag is adds texture and comfort, the capiz lamp is unexpected and adds sparkle, and the canvas print has words of wisdom in the perfect style and colors.  Add it all together and it is an adorable, classy, young room that any girl could relax in and fall in love with.



Be the first to comment on this cute room!

See you tomorrow :)





No comments:

Post a Comment